At DeDiego Henshaw, PLLC, we can help you achieve your dream of coming to America. As Latin American natives and immigrants ourselves, we understand the need to offer your family a better life. We know the challenges many families face in their journey to come to America and are committed to devoting our time and expertise to assuage the transition and make it a reality. We will guide you through the process with compassion and care and you will know you have an advocate on your corner. Place your trust in DDH Legal, you’ll be glad you did!

Employement based (immigrant and nonimmigrant)

Immigrant – There are a few options available for those seeking permanent residence in the United States based on employment status. Such vehicles include the EB-1 Extraordinary Ability, and Multinational Managers and Executives; EB-2 Exceptional Ability and National Interest Waivers; Labor Certification; Religious Workers; and EB-5 Investment. We will assess the client’s eligibility and work to reach a path to citizenship.
Nonimmigrant – America’s immigration laws offer a variety of options for individuals seeking nonimmigrant visas including L-1 Multinational Executive, H-1 Professionals, E-1 Treaty Trader, E-2 Treaty Investor, O-1 Extraordinary Ability, P visas for artists and entertainers, R-1 Religious Workers, H-2 Temporary Workers, H-3 Trainees, TN visas for Canadians and Mexicans, E-3 for Australian nationals, B-1 for business travelers, I visas for journalists, and Q visas for cultural exchange.

Student visa and exchange visitors

DDH Legal can help you with your student visa application, including F-1 for academic studies, M-1 for vocational studies, and J-1 for exchange visitors. We can also help you obtain your J-1 visa waiver, if you qualify, in the event you do not wish to return home after the program is completed.

Family based immigration

Another option to reach lawful permanent resident status is through a family member if you are the spouse, parent or child (under 21 and unmarried) of a U.S. citizen (known as “immediate relatives”), the unmarried son or daughter of a U.S. citizen (21 or over), the married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen, the spouse or unmarried son or daughter of a permanent resident, or the sibling of a U.S. citizen.
Except of immediate relatives, applicants must first file a petition, and then wait for the “priority date” to be reached before applying for permanent residence. This could be a lengthy process and the filing of the application does not grant legal status to the applicant.


We can help you with your final milestone of reaching naturalization, that is becoming an American citizen. The following have to be met; (1) you have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements; (2) you have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen; (3) you have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements. We will support you through the process as each applicant must demonstrate knowledge of the English language, and pass a basic test on the history and government of the U.S. DDH can also help applicats file waivers of the English requirement and civics test in certain cases.



Sign up